Radiator Blind not working properly

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by dark night, Feb 3, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I have a 2022 mk 2 Kona with the smooth front 14,000 km done now and my gearbox oil changed, it was black.
    Has anyone else had this problem, driving in 45c heat with the air con on high i arrived home to find the fluid in the rad-- battery coolant tank blowing fluid out of the expansion pipe,
    the cars fan for the rad stayed on high after the car was shut of for some minutes,
    the rad blind thing did not open till about 5 min after the car was shut of and then it only opened about 20 deg from closed, were it has stayed ever since 3,000 km now,
    also when charging at home 7.2 kw above 35c air temp the cooling fan comes on High but the rad blind shutters do not open any further than the 20 deg setting, thank you Jim

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I would check with the dealer about that. My Kona definitely started to chill the batteries as well when I lived in Las Vegas and we had 40°C temperatures after a drive. So that's definitely normal.

I am pretty sure that the shutters opened completely, but it's not that I remember anything specific. I probably would if they wouldn't have opened completely.

Hope that helps.

electriceddy likes this.