R1T Specs Released

Discussion in 'R1T' started by stevesnj, May 14, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. stevesnj

stevesnj New Member

From RIVIAN

upload_2021-5-7_17-42-23-jpg.jpg

upload_2021-5-7_17-44-19-jpg.jpg

upload_2021-5-7_17-45-14-jpg.jpg

upload_2021-5-7_17-46-4-jpg.jpg

upload_2021-5-7_17-47-47-jpg.jpg

upload_2021-5-7_18-41-44-jpg.jpg

1 person likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Glen D Shapiro

Glen D Shapiro New Member

Any idea when an August 2020 order might/will be available for delivery?

4. Fred Golden

Fred Golden New Member

Rvian seems to be contacting those who reserved a vehicle about 3 months before they expect to deliver a vehicle to you. I have heard about two owners who placed a reservation quickly, and they where contacted and the Rivian person said they could get delivery by the end of October, wanted to confirm they still wanted the vehicle.

They reported that making final decisions such as color, options, and then sticking with that decision would help avoid any additional delays.

For instance, say you pick blue car with black interior, and they put that vehicle on the schedule for you. If you should change the outside color, you might get pushed back to another delivery date. There might also be a problem, say 40,000 people order the kitchen option, and that company can only produce 300 a month. It might cause a delay. Yet I think if the helpful person from Rivian says "We will delay your order into 2022 if you want the kitchen option" most will say forget it. . .

How to drive a Rivian quickly? Apply at Rivian as a vehicle delivery consultant. Take a new Rivian to customers all across the country! It works for those of us who are retirees, and can take time to get a new job. Don't know how much it will pay, but heck, you get to drive a new Rivian off the trailer and into someones driveway!

1 person likes this.
  5. I think if they have a problem keeping up with production of kitchen, they can deliver the vehicle without it and install it at a later date. Curious as to what the take rate on the option is.

6. Fred Golden

Fred Golden New Member

I agree with your thought. My point is that if there is a popular option, such as the kitchen, and ordering it might delay your Rivian delivery, many buyers will say "I really don't need that". Lets say it is the radio, you might find that all the cars can be built with one style radio, but the other one is out of stock, so all cars with that radio will take longer to get onto the schedule. This is just a example, I have no idea of there will be a shortage of radio's or kitchen units.

Truthfully, most Rivian owners probably think that eating while on vacation means going to a restaurant. I just don't see most of them making dinner, then doing dishes later.

1 person likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. This is a true and good point. :D
    I think it may get used a few times, but if you have the wherewithal to afford a vehicle like this, you will choose convenience over cleaning up pans and dishes in a camping situation.

9. Fred Golden

Fred Golden New Member

The first R1T has rolled off the assembly line on September 15, 2021!

Here is a link to a story. Very few details. I would like to know how many cars will be produced starting Monday October 4. This will give us a idea of how many can be produced a month, and by year end.

It would also be interesting to find out how many battery packs are arriving at the factory each week / month! I hear that the battery is being manufactured in Korea, so there is a shipping delay.

https://driving.ca/auto-news/news/rivians-first-r1t-electric-pick-up-has-just-rolled-off-the-production-line

10. Fred Golden

Fred Golden New Member

1 person likes this.
  11. Fred Golden

Fred Golden New Member

12. To remove this ad click here.