Questions ahead of purchase

Discussion in 'Kia EV6' started by Daniel99, May 30, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Daniel99

Daniel99 New Member

Hello everyone,

We will likely be purchasing a Kia EV6 for my wife very soon, but I have some questions for current owners before I commit. We test drove previously, but the nearest vehicle is quite far from us so I’m hoping to answer some online.

1. How is the turning radius for the vehicle? The long wheelbase has me concerned that it will struggle in our driveway that is difficult to maneuver in.
    2. Should I be worried about the theft issues affecting Kias and Hyundais? I know the EV6 is not impacted by the security issue, but I’m concerned that thieves will see the Kia badge and not take time to think about it.
    3. Have your insurance premiums been affected by the theft issues?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Bob Campbell

Bob Campbell New Member

The turning radius of my Kia EV6 is noticeably more than my Kia Cadenza was. The Kia EV6 has a turning radius of 19 ft 1 in. My Kia 2014 Cadenza had a turning radius of 18.2ft. The larger turning radius does seem quite a lot though. I don't have a narrow driveway, but at the carwash, they have a very narrow driveway going around the building. I have to be careful, like I'm driving a big SUV. Actually, it probably isn't a big difference, but it is noticeable. The Kia Telluride has the same wheelbase.
    But I also should note that going over speed humps, it is a speck smoother because of the longer wheelbase.
    I don't think you should be worried about the theft issues affecting Kias and Hyundais. But most thieves are probably not smart people and know the difference. I should say I really don't know the answer to this question.
    My insurance was not affected by the theft issue, afaict.
    I'm sure your wife will be very happy with the Kia EV6.