Question for California Carpool drivers

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by slowjet, Feb 21, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. slowjet

slowjet New Member

Hi guys/gals,
    Another Prius owner debating between Model 3 and Clarity. My question is regarding carpool stickers. As you probably know, current stickers expire at the end of the year and only those cars that got the stickers in 2017 or after will be renewed. Do we know that PHEV cars will continue to qualify from next year onwards? I heard a rumor that only fully electric or fuel cell ones will be eligible. I could not find an answer to this question on the carpool website. If PHEV qualifies for carpool lane beyond this year, Clarity will be very appealing to me.
    Thanks

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Ken7

Ken7 Active Member

It qualifies in N.Y. and we've got our stickers on the car.

4. bfd

bfd Active Member

Gotta get the state's attention first - just to get the sticker. I am afraid I will have to write another check and send it Registered. It's been a month since I sent my form and checkā€¦ no check cashed, no stickers receivedā€¦

5. To remove this ad click here.

6. dpt

dpt New Member

I received and installed my carpool sticker today. I hope California renues the program past January 2019.

Randy L likes this.
  7. 714hello

714hello Member

I just got my Clarity.. would it quality if I apply after 1/2019? I think it qualifies now and can be renewed until 1/22.

8. dpt

dpt New Member

I'm not sure. I think it would but I wouldn't count on it as the laws are always changing in regards to the carpool stickers. If you get the sticker now we should be able to apply for the extension. It took a month to receive my sticker after I applied for it.

714hello likes this.
  9. qtpie

qtpie Active Member

I agreed. We just received our red decal yesterday. In the article, it was mentioned that only white and green stickers are eligible to reapply in 2019, but not the red stickers.

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

10. To remove this ad click here.

11. rodeknyt

rodeknyt Active Member

IIRC, you can apply for the decals anytime within 18 months of your purchase. Get them now...even the red ones can be extended next January.