Push notification for interrupted charging?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Yellerledbetty, Feb 8, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Hi all,

I haven’t found anything indicating that BlueLink app can send notification if Level 1 charger inadvertently kicks out and charging stops. Anyone know of a work-around for this? I know Level 2 units would likely have such a feature but still running stock charger that came with 2019 Model. Thx!!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I get a bluelink message when charging gets interrupted no matter if it's lvl1, 2 or 3.

There is a setting in the app and on the webpage to select when you get push notifications/texts/emails.

Yellerledbetty likes this.
  4. Ah! The web, hadn’t thought to check. User interface always has more to offer at the source. Thx for the tip!!

Esprit1st likes this.
  5. Went back and looked at the website (mybluelink.ca) and do not see any additional fields that indicate I can get notification when charger kicks out. Rooted around there pretty good, any suggestions/links/screenshots? Thx!

6. Hmm, I'm in the US. The apps are different, unfortunately. I rarely ever use the website but this is how the app settings looks like.
    [​IMG]

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I’ll enquire at the dealer. Might have to resurrect my US iTunes account =P thx for the note on the app being different.

Esprit1st likes this.
  9. Called the Canadian BlueLink folks and they’re passing my query along. No reason why apps should differ IMO. Wondering if colder weather that customers may experience (currently 0°F) led them to forgoing that notification just like they tweaked the warranty of the battery. Is yours a ‘lifetime’? ‘Believe mine is 8years.

10. It doesn't make sense to me either that they have completely different apps.

Yes, I have a lifetime warranty on my battery.