Protecting the piano black

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by CuriousGeorge, Feb 9, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

I am aware of the pre-cut pieces of clear film for the door handle cups, etc. (and have some on the way). Any source for similar pre-cut pieces for any of the piano black pieces in the interior? Those below the CID down by your feet seem especially vulnerable.

endquote likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. carrrl

carrrl Active Member

Aliexpress has some thin plastic covers for most of these areas, but I haven’t seen much precut film though. If you have the patience some bulk wrap and a little time will do the job.

Edit: something like this https://m.aliexpress.us/item/3256804658330845.html

CuriousGeorge likes this.
  4. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Personally I'd save the money and put it towards a Rupes iBrid Nano cordless polisher. :)

sacharama and SameGuy like this.
  5. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Or the Flex PXE80 with the flexible shaft kit. It’s on my wish list. ;)

teslarati97 likes this.
  6. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

Thanks, I came across that after I had posted.

I'm thinking I'll see how installation of the pre-cut exterior pieces go, then maybe (or maybe not) just buy a roll of wrap for the interior.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Yes, being able to restore piano black to a smooth mirror finish (interior and exterior) is even more valuable.

SameGuy likes this.
  9. sacharama

sacharama Active Member

What a stressful way to enjoy the mini by having to protect it. Just use it freely and if it's scratched up then embrace it as "patina" which adds character and history to the vehicle that reinforce its own identity. If the scratches bother you so much, just polish it back to shiny mirror finish. Rinse and repeat.

azausa likes this.