Products and Methods for Cleaning the faux suede

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by KentuckyKen, Jun 26, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

It’s safe to say that most of us with Tourings are are somewhat apprehensive over keeping the synthetic suede clean and looking new, especially those of us with the beige.
    While I have treated it with Scotchguard, there will be the inevitable stain and Honda offers scant advise on cleaning.

We know that the suede is a synthetic product but not exactly what brand it is. So the speculation is that it’s the same or close to Alcantara.

So here is a link to the official Alcantara website which lists recommended cleaning products and procedures to use on specific types of stains and dirt.

https://www.alcantara.com/en/stain_removal/39/index.do

Hope you never have to use this but it’s a great source of info to have.

I found this after reading a review of the MS Surface laptop that has Alcantara on the keyboard right where the oils and dirt from your hands will eventually build up. And I thought suede on a car dash and doors was the stupidest idea; no it’s in second place.

turtleturtle likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Our Moonlit Forest Pearl Clarity (touch-up paint still backordered) has the beige interior so when I'm wearing sun-tan lotion, I have to remind myself not to elbow the door open for fear of lotion transfer.

Instead of testing on a rear door, I've been wondering how to get a piece of the fake Alcantara (ie, fake, fake suede) for experimentation. I bought Sonax Upholstery & Alcantara Cleaner, but haven't needed to try it yet.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018