problems with USA VW ID4 ordering website

Discussion in 'ID.4' started by so cal rules, May 28, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. so cal rules

so cal rules New Member

Has anyone experienced any issues trying to order a new VWID4 on line recently

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I had all kinds of problems on my works VPN and with cookie settings. This was a while ago though.

4. Sam G

Sam G New Member

The web site is consistently having issues. I tried ordering using firefox, but it never worked; I had to use chromium to do it. Then I could log in and see reservation by clicking on link in original email. When getting updates, they also send links, and they mostly don't work. I have 2 reservations, and one day I logged in and one was gone. A week later, both appeared.

TL.DR: Volkswagen is not very good at software...

5. Dominica81

Dominica81 Member

Yes the website sucks! Half the time I get a blank white screen. Btw I have my order locked and this, combined with the software/app issues I keep reading about, is really making me question whether or not to buy.

6. Dominica81

Dominica81 Member

I did find a little work around that sometimes fixes things. If you get the blank white screen, go up to the address and delete the last part that says /error. That has worked for me. Safari seems to work better also.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Sam G

Sam G New Member

Same sentiment exactly. The only thing that tips me towards taking delivery is a tax rebate if they deliver before 2023. Otherwise, it's a cancellation.

9. Dominica81

Dominica81 Member

Yup, same. Might just keep driving my Niro EV until they fix thingsā€¦.