Price/negotiation advice requested :)

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Ordell98, Jul 16, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Ordell98

Ordell98 New Member

I'm in the 'internet negotiation' stage of purchasing my Clarity, comparing quotes from about 10 dealers here in Chicago. I'm hoping for a green Touring but will happily settle for red, silver, or grey if the price is right. Red and green are hard to come by around here.

Advice needed: I've got a pair of $33,500 quotes (destination included), and then a smattering of quotes that range in the $34,000-$34,700 area.

I've read the Price Paid thread exhaustively but I'd like some on the spot random advice, whatever you all think.

How low do you guys think I can get these dealers to go? I'd happily pay $33,500 but if that's the first offer from some of these dealers I'm thinking I've got room to bargain. What's a good place to just say "this is fair, I'll take it"?

All advice or critiques are welcome please!!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ab13

ab13 Active Member

Depends also if you are financing with them or not, since they can commonly get something for doing the financing. Ask if they are going to throw in some accessories you might want.

Ordell98 likes this.
  4. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Here’s my tip. After you negotiate your best price then ask if they’ve made all the profit they need. They just want to close the deal at that point and will say yes,yes just sign here. Then you can say well if you’ve made all the profit you want, you can add these options at dealer cost. Their expression is usually priceless. Then get all the options or accessories you want at about half the price. :)

Chooch and Ordell98 like this.
  5. Chooch

Chooch Member

All those prices look really good and beat what I got ($1500 off)- I'd say then just get the color you really want and enjoy it 100%!

Ordell98 likes this.
  6. Jwbj

Jwbj New Member

I found a good price on cargurus and then found a local dealer who would match it.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. 33500 seems to be the bottom line price for most dealerships to move a car with an acceptable profit transaction. Most dealerships get pissed if you do the one last thing move, but if you have nothing to lose, give it a shot. There is a trick dealers pull when they think you are messing with them, they go into sloth mode.

Ordell98, Johnhaydev and qtpie like this.