Preferred scantool?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by hobbit, Jun 20, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

This falls out of thinking about the crystallization problem, but more largely, getting access to some of the
    GDS-level bi-directional control of various things like coolant pumps and calibrations. I might be shopping
    for scantools again ... for simple monitoring of custom PIDs like BMS values I already have an app and
    a dongle, but that doesn't do module control. I was chatting with the guys at the inspection shop, and
    they mentioned that Autel has stuff out that can among other things do dealer-level interaction on Hyundai.
    In theory. Looking around a little I see some other recent offerings, "Ancel" being one ... is that a knockoff
    of Autel? It's hard to tell deep details from anyone's superficial overview. But with progress on various fronts
    in right-to-repair legislation, the aftermarket is probably able to get better info. After all, the "GDS" tablet
    used by Hyundai folks isn't made by Hyundai...

Are there any specific preferences among the community here, around tools recent enough to handle
    things like coolant and brake bleeding control?

I likely wouldn't be handling flush/replacement for the crystallization issue anyway, as the TSB indicates
    a *very* specialized suction/recovery tool needed for that. I'm just interested in having a little better shop
    functionality on hand, as well as maybe a means of helping flesh out some of those custom PID lists
    with a little network-monitoring. That alone might be worth a bit of coin.

_H*

2. To remove this ad click here.