Power cable bending

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by laptop, May 25, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. laptop

laptop Member

Hi all,
    I am worried that the power cable will break as when you plug it to the wall, it bends 90 degrees due to the weight of the rectangle box thingy.

Anyone purchased an RV adapter or anything similar?

Thanks!

Sent from my Nokia N73

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Lowell_Greenberg

Lowell_Greenberg Active Member

You are correct, the weight of the protective components/brick of the Level 1 EVSE that comes with the Clarity, should not dangle from the receptacle plug. You can permanently mount it, try to mount it with hooks so it can be easily removed or place it on a stand/object of sufficient height to relieve any stress. Hopefully others will have more specific suggestions and advice. Hopefully I understood what you are asking.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

4. Clarity_Newbie

Clarity_Newbie Active Member

laptop

One of many, many ways to mount/support.

Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

laptop and 2002 like this.
  5. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

6. laptop

laptop Member

Thanks everyone, what I am looking for is rather an angled power cord and I do hang the other portion, most of the time.

Sent from my Nokia N73

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. laptop

laptop Member

Did not do this but placed a shelf in front.
    Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

9. Walt R

Walt R Active Member

In another thread it was suggested to use a bungie cord through the two eyelets, to make a much larger loop which can then be easily hung from normal sized hooks.

I just wish I had thought of it before seeing it here. I've been struggling with small headless nails.

10. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

I went with a short (10ft) 12awg extension cord which has a NEMA 6-20p on one end and a NEMA 5-20r on the other. I run the OEM evse on 240v. The control box sits on the floor of my garage, no stress on the wire/plug.