Poor man’s trunk liner

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Fast Eddie B, Jan 29, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Carrying on in my tradition of “cheaping out”...

A trunk liner is a pretty utilitarian piece of kit. I found this at WalMart:

[​IMG]

You just use scissors to trim to fit. Even has a formed cutout to access the hole for the storage compartment.

Nuttin’ fancy, but should get the job done:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    occphv, craze1cars and Robert_Alabama like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Phil C

Phil C New Member

Great job! if it's trimmed well, the liner won't be moving. I could also try it... :)

4. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

5. leehoewonek

leehoewonek Member

I hadn't thought of getting on of these, but checked it out anyway. On amazon.com in the states, $28. On amazon.ca in Canada, $120. I don't think so.

6. Brings to mind the John Hiatt song, “Drive South”! :)

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Phil C

Phil C New Member

You have this for $37 CAD
    FH Group F16403BLACK Cargo Mat Fits Most Sedans, Coupes and Small SUVs (Semi Custom Trimmable Vinyl Black) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01HUUVZDS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_BDluCb4B9S8M4

9. Phil C

Phil C New Member

Do you think the generic mat with the size 55" x 31.5" is enough to fit? of course trimming will be needed. Just not sure about the 31.5" is long enough to cover the back

10. I think that would be fine.

As you can see in the photo in my first post, the mat does not extend all the way forward. But I think it will suffice for protecting the main trunk area, which I’d guess will cover well over 90% of our usage of that area.

11. occphv

occphv New Member

Brilliant idea! It doesn't look ghetto at all, thanks for sharing.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. craze1cars

Not even close if you want full coverage. Tape measure is clear on this. If you don’t mind exposed carpet up front then obviously it’s fine and wide enough.

The one I bought and linked above was 44” deep, and I trimmed very little off that direction.

Phil C likes this.
  14. craze1cars

130736BF-E52E-4C99-9C86-742DCF73AB79.jpeg 3EA3ED9E-E4C8-4767-9C19-5063B9F970CE.jpeg
    If anyone is curious, here is mine after 4 months of use and abuse. Just scuffs, full coverage, never moves, sits flat, and covers 100% of carpet. See my earliest link above for the actual product I purchased from Amazon.

That $100+ mini tray from Honda accessory book is a sad joke in my opinion. It sent me shopping, and I rolled the dice on this $27 option and in my opinion won the roll...I recommend it and like it.

Ray B and Phil C like this.