Plug-in challenge car rally

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by KonaTom, May 27, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. KonaTom

KonaTom Well-Known Member

I just finished the 10 day plug-in challenge scavenger car rally. The first ever all electric car rally. Approximately 60 EVs participated and covered all the southern part of Vancouver island. Around 100 destination were included. Lots of prizes and a good time by all. The Victoria ev club is planning to do it again next year

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. So was it a challenge to plug in? or did Kona work at all the various chargers (DCFC more specifically)?

4. KonaTom

KonaTom Well-Known Member

Never even came close to plugging it in. The range was enough to handle all driving each day, and still had over 200 km range every evening. A couple of fast charges on two nights and trickle charging every night. Drove about 1600 km overall in ten days. The name plug-in is just a another name for electric cars, someone came up with that as a logo. It was basically a scavenger hunt, where you find clues at each destination that you have to figure out to get to next destinations.

5. I only mentioned that because of the "challenge" I have encountered plugging in at various B.C. Hydro DCFC's

KonaTom likes this.