Pics of hub, OEM wheel, and Infiniti Spare to help with hub centric adapter

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Robert_Alabama, Dec 30, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

Continuation of this thread since we had gotten so far off topic...

https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/electric-parking-brake-problem.12638/page-3

Here are a couple of pics of the Clarity Hub - notice shallow depth
    IMG_0162.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg

Here is a pic of the OEM wheel. If you look closely you can see the rust stain on the inner area of the wheel where the hub makes contact.

IMG_0166.jpg
    Here is a pic of the Infiniti wheel with the JB weld filling the inner gap after inserting the hub centric ring adapter so that it is flush with the inner surface of the wheel.
    IMG_0170.jpg

Here is a pic of the outer surface of the Infiniti wheel showing how much the ring adapter is inset after making it flush to the inner surface of the wheel.

IMG_0174.jpg

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

What beautiful rotors you have!

PapaWangsta likes this.
  4. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

Not a lot of use and not a lot of salt on roads down here.

5. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

I think there is something wrong with you if you 'admire' somebody else's rotors !!!

6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I wish I'd taken a photo of my noisy, rusty rotors when I put on the winter wheels/tires so you could understand my rustless rotor respect.

neal adkins likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

I have been working through the process of equiping our Clarity with a Compact Spare, and I have a few comments (so far).
    I purchased the alloy version of the Infinity compact spare (145X80 D17) on eBay.

I elected to purchase a combo that included the tools (jack, lug wrench, and rod to connect the lug werench to the jack) with a foam insert to organize them. There are two varieties of foam inserts - One is circular and nests inside the spare, and the other is rectangular and larger than the spare. I chose the one that nests into the tire.

I also purchased the proper [I hope] lug nuts and the ring adapters.

Immediate problems:
    • The Infinity lug wrench is 21 mm. This is a no-go with the Clarity lug nuts (and the new lug nuts for the spare), both of which are 19 mm. I thought there may be some kind of oddball adapter but have not located anything yet.
    • If I get a different lug wrench (or just carry a regular breaker bar for instance) the wrench will not have the rectangular hole in the handle that engages with the rod to turn the jack. I am striving for minimal, so don't want to carry two lug wrenches.
    • The jack does not 'fit' into the foam insert piece ! This was a little deceptive. There is a compartment that 'looks' like it is for the jack, but it just doesn't fit. In hindsight, all of the eBay listings have the tools neatly organized into the insert, except the jack. The jack is usually depicted just sitting on top of this likely compartment, not inside it.
    In hindsight, I might recommend against a 'combo' purchase like this. Going with just the spare tire, and finding a compatible jack / lug wrench elsewhere may have been better. I'll find some setup that can work, but it was not quite as 'turnkey' as I thought it would be.

insightman likes this.