Passenger airbag light

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by su_A_ve, Jul 30, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

So every other car I've ever had so far would only turn the passenger airbag light only when the weight detected was over 5-10 pounds. Working like this:

* No passenger detected or weight less than 5-10 lbs --> light OFF
    * Weight detected between 10-40 lbs --> light ON
    * Weight detected over 40 lbs --> light OFF

In my case, the light is on all the time unless someone's sitting. Is this 'normal'?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

Ok, so I think I have a problem...

Found the online manual and it shows it should be on only if weight is detected under 65 lbs, but should not come on if there's no weight...

Attached Files:

4. weave

weave Active Member

I noticed that too. I have the same issue.

5. Johnhaydev

Johnhaydev Active Member

My reading of the text is that the light stays on if the weight is 0-65lbs. My clarity PHEV has the light on when there is nothing in the seat. I agree it is annoying and unnecessary. As you know we can’t change it.

6. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

I need glasses...

The indicator comes on to alert you that the front passenger's front airbag has been turned off. This occurs when the front passenger's weight sensors detect about 65 lbs (29 kg) or less, the weight of an infant or small child, on the seat.

Infants and small children should always ride properly restrained in a back seat.

If the front passenger's seat is empty, the passenger's front airbag will not deploy and the indicator will come on.

Numbernine and weave like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. weave

weave Active Member

Ah... I misread that as well. One of those cases that your mind sees what it wants to see.

su_A_ve and Johnhaydev like this.
  9. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Mine came with an off switch for the indicator light.
    It’s called a 1/2” piece of electrical tape.

Johnhaydev likes this.