Our Next Energy (ONE)

Discussion in 'General' started by danrjones, Sep 18, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. danrjones

danrjones Active Member

Anyone heard of this company? They appear to be in the battery pack making game, trying to build different pack types and then sell them to the car manufacturers. No idea if their products are real or vapor.

Their Gemini pack sounds interesting - a combo of two cell types, LFP for daily and some type of "anode free" chemistry for extended range. If I read their website right, the anode free is used to charge the LFP - not directly power the vehicle?

Anyway, comments?

https://one.ai/products/gemini

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I say Snake Oil...

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

It sounds like a one-man company, founded in 2020: Mujeeb Ijaz, founder, and chief executive officer of ONE (Our Next Energy), is a battery systems engineer with over 30 years of experience in the development of electric vehicles and battery systems technologies.

I think I may have driven by ONE on 12-Mile Road in Novi on my way to Sandy Munro's open house earlier this year.

It's been more than a year since this company signed a demo agreement with BMW. There has been no news that BMW is abandoning their Chinese and Korean battery suppliers.

Electrive writes that Ijaz talked Michigan into investing: ONE received $220 million a few months ago in the form of grants from the US state of Michigan for the LFP battery cell factory already under construction.

As a MINI Cooper SE driver who scoffs at long-range EVs, I'm looking forward to lighter batteries rather than LFP batteries, which are heavier than NCA or NMC batteries.

Will solid-state lithium batteries will become a reality before they're obsoleted by suitcase-sized nuclear-fusion power packs?