Ouch, but if you are looking for any parts...

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Robert_Alabama, Jan 5, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Texas22Step

Texas22Step Well-Known Member

Interesting post. For the fun of it, I ran a CarFax report on the car's VIN # shown in the eBay parts listing, which shows this car having just 81 mi. on the odometer, and it appears it may have never left dealer inventory from a small Honda dealership in Indiana (where PDI was performed in 12/17) before ending up in a scrap yard in Wisconsin in early 2019.

Pegsie, Domenick and weave like this.
  4. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

Wow. Guess it ever even made it out of the nest so to speak... Someone had a memorable test drive if this was the end result.

5. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Wonder what the 17kW battery is being parted out for?

6. Obviously "never used", as in the person doing the test drive didn't know where the brakes were...

Pushmi-Pullyu likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Ray B

Ray B Active Member

Yes it looks incriminating... like they were trying out the automatic "BRAKE" feature for crash mitigation.

On the other hand it may have just been sitting quietly in a parking lot and got taken out by someone who hopped a curb. In any event, I wonder if the brake caliper has any history of use at all. :)

9. ryd994

ryd994 Active Member

But wait a second, when will be your next break caliper replacement? Never, right?

insightman likes this.
  10. Looks like it rear-ended a tractor-trailer. The impact missed the horizontal beams that are meant to absorb a lot of that energy. Luckily they weren't going too fast.

11. Geor99

Geor99 Active Member

Man, that would bring me to tears:(

I asked my salesman during my test drive if anyone in his 20 years of test drives has ever had an accident .

He said "No, and let's not be the 1st."

amy2421 likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. amy2421

amy2421 Active Member

The rear bumper looks impacted as well.

14. Texas22Step

Texas22Step Well-Known Member

Domenick speculated that this Clarity rear-ended a tractor-trailer. My own theory is that a tractor-trailer, probably delivering cars to the dealership, backed into the car. This could account for the severe front-end damage and the lighter rear end damage if the car was parked at the dealer's lot with another car behind it. But, of course, who really knows?

Domenick likes this.
  15. I think yours is likely the better guess.

16. Candice

Candice Active Member

It looks like it still has the new car "goop" on it that the dealer washes off after it is delivered.