Ordering process has been a little rough

Discussion in 'XC40 Recharge' started by Stephen Cerruti, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Stephen Cerruti

Stephen Cerruti New Member

Lots of fine print, very poorly worded emails when placing the deposit.

I got an email request for my 'preferred' Volvo dealership and when I replied to the email I got back a form email saying terms and conditions attached. Nothing was attached. I replied back and got a message that they were "Looking into it" and never heard back.

Got my email today and tried to reserve it. Configured the vehicle and there was no "Reserve Yours" link on the summary page as indicated in the email. Customer support is telling me it's supposed to be where I see "save configuration."

Am I alone?

2. Stephen Cerruti

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 7.52.03 AM.png
    I got an email this morning with instructions. The text in the email did not match the text on the website but I managed to put in an order. So don't order blue, my wife calls dibs.

Fastnf likes this.
  3. jhou

jhou New Member

Similar, but not quite as bad. The "choose your dealer" email process worked better for me.

I also was confused about "save"-ing in the configuration tool. I thought it was more of a "save your progress (and continue later)" thing, but that's the SUBMIT button in disguise :)

4. Stephen Cerruti

The drama continues, today I got a second set of emails from Volvo confirming my order. One has a different number on it than all of the other emails I have received.