Ordering from MINIUSA

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Torrey, Oct 10, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Torrey

Torrey Active Member

I finally got around to ordering a set of winter wheels from MINI. I looked on eBay and the only ones I could find were shipping form Germany and while the price was a little better (even including $400 for shipping) I figured i was better off ordering new. So i went to the website and put this set in my cart and hit the order button.

Today I got an email from the local dealer that they canceled the order because they don't carry those wheels in stock. Anyone know of any other options besides going through your local dealer? Do I have to call every other dealer to ask if they will accept my order?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I ordered my Spectre Grey Revolites through my local dealer parts department, and they had to ship from Germany. I didn't find the order process difficult at all. You could try the Seattle MINI Parts portal, they're pretty responsive. Since they're a MINI dealer, they told me they have access to the same inventory as my local dealer. But they will ship.

4. Torrey

Torrey Active Member

Thanks, I took a look and cost of just the wheels without the tires or TPMS installed was more than the delivered wheel set from the MINIUSA site. All up it would be double the price.

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

On eBay two and a half years ago (6 months before my SE arrived) I bought a set of MINI 494 Loop Spoke wheels and tires from Germany. I was lucky to find the exact wheels I wanted in perfect shape with the Hankook non-run-flat summer performance tires. I paid about $1,080 for the set, including $438 shipping. Later, I found another set of Loop Spoke wheels in good shape on eBay for about $500. I have Michelin winter tires on those rims.

My Power Spoke wheels are too beautiful to risk curbing them, so they live in the basement and come out only for EV car gatherings. My wife can't understand why one car needs 3 sets of wheels, but I'm good at hiding them to avoid reminding her of their numbers.

GetOffYourGas and SameGuy like this.
  6. Quiet Mini

Quiet Mini Well-Known Member

I got an unused set of take off Victory spokes locally for $400. Check Craigslist and FB marketplace.

insightman and SameGuy like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

Sounds like your local dealer sucks :(

Even if you go through the dealer, they'll more than likely have to order your wheels from Germany, so I don't know why they canceled your order. Can you order the same exact set through the parts department?

SameGuy likes this.
  9. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

craigslist. Or get a set of aftermarket rims from tire rack or discount on line. The nice thing about ordering the set on line is they are delivered mounted and balanced. No trips to the store, just jack up the car and swap.