order confirmation for preorder customers

Discussion in 'R1T' started by matt67, Dec 15, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. matt67

matt67 New Member

Has anyone been contacted for order confirmation?

Rivian stated the orders would be priced and confirmed December 2019. I have heard nothing as of yet, frustrating.

Has anyone heard anything yet?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. @EyeOnEVs , have you heard anything?

4. EyeOnEVs

EyeOnEVs New Member

Not quite sure what is meant by "orders would be priced and confirmed." Early this year (early summer?) Rivian was going to make the online configurator available by the end of the year. Forum members attending Rivian events or events Rivian were at, say, this past late summer/early fall, indicated Rivian reps pushed it to early 2020. When I was at the Normal, IL event this past October I asked a Rivian team lead for an update and he told me early 2Q 2020 (April). He said they're doing some neat stuff with the configurator (some have said AR - augmented reality?) and they want to make sure everything is working right. That's fine but I believe there is much more to it like Rivian still working out the details to which features will be options, which battery pack will include which features as standard, pricing the battery packs and options, colors, overall ordering process including delivery options, refining financing options (e.g. subscription model), etc.

If you haven't noticed by now, Rivian doesn't announce things until they're ready versus half-baked or some incomplete wacky concept. Remember, they were in stealth mode for many years (I believe since the end of 2010 when they switched from a sports car to the current EAVs) until they revealed, not announced, but revealed working prototypes of R1T and R1S at the LA Auto Show in Nov 2018. Since then, factor in the addition of three major investors (Amazon, Ford and Cox Automotive) and orders (Amazon delivery EVs and platforms for Ford's Lincoln line) that they are probably having to coordinate with let alone figure out the logistics. As frustrating as it is (as a pre-order holder, believe me I know ;)), this is an exercise in patience. I'm OK with it if it means higher quality and a well thought out plan in bringing their EAVs to market.

1 person likes this.
  5. matt67

matt67 New Member

"Not quite sure what is meant by "orders would be priced and confirmed." Early this year (early summer?) Rivian was going to make the online configurator available by the end of the year"

.... "configurator available by the end of the year".

that was the last I had heard.

6. EyeOnEVs

EyeOnEVs New Member

You're welcome. ;)

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. matt67

matt67 New Member

eyeonevs .... of course thanks are in order. Thanks for being the groopy that lets peeps know that one has to attend an event to find out these things.
    -SMH

9. Unfortunately, a lot of the info coming out of Rivian is only in its letters to pre-order holders, or given at private events. One of the roles of the Forum is to be a place where that info is shared and made public, so thanks for both asking and answering questions.

10. John G.

John G. New Member

Hey Fellas,

I just got an email from Rivian:

Rivian< [email protected]>
    Sun 11/15/2020 9:24 AM
    To: You

Early preorder access to our configurator starts tomorrow.
    Hi there,

Just a reminder that you will receive an email tomorrow unlocking early preorder access to our configurator.

In anticipation, learn more about our equipment packages, features, pricing and the Launch Edition — a special launch configuration with U.S. deliveries for the R1T starting in June 2021 and R1S in August 2021. Canadian deliveries begin in November 2021.
    Learn More

Has anyone else seen this, too?

This would be exciting!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2020
    2 people like this.
  11. MarkE

MarkE New Member

I got that email yesterday too, and today's email to configure the vehicle. Per yesterday's email, next Monday all can order/configure. This week for those who preordered.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. MarcyB

MarcyB New Member

As much as we were really hoping for the 400+ mile battery pack models to come out first, we're going ahead with reserving a 300+ mile version so we can get an R1T as early as possible. Just got our configurator email and reserved a Launch Edition!

Ideally we'll be able to upgrade to the larger battery pack later... fingers crossed.

I'm also hoping to find out about options for tow packages - either through Rivian or getting the OK to add as after-market (including trailer brake control and side mirror extensions). Sent an email to Rivian but haven't heard back yet.

14. bummin

bummin New Member

So.. I got the email and went through the configuration process. There is a lingering question which was not answered at this time which is the roof. They show a full panel glass roof but nothing to indicate is it the monochromatic version, or the you will bake under the sun version. You do get some wheel options in the non launch edition but nothing yet on the bed and roof rails, running boards and so on. Guess they are keeping with the "How do you keep a buyer in suspense?" Will tell you tomorrow approach.

15. John G.

John G. New Member

Here's wishing you all the best with your truck order, Marcy B.... fingers crossed!

I just read the info in the Rivian configurator again, and I think what Rivian is saying is that if you choose the Launch Edition Package RT1 by 7 Dec 2020, you will probably get priority handling and that they may send a truck your way starting in June 2021.

But, for everyone else...we have to wait until 2022? No wonder there seemed to be such a tepid response to my earlier post on this website.

16. MarcyB

MarcyB New Member

Thank you John!

Yes, that's exactly how I understand it too. Going through the configurator, if you choose the right options (Launch Edition, 300 mile battery pack), the delivery date is "starting in June 2021". If you change those things, e.g. 400 mile battery, the delivery date moves to Jan 2022.

At least that's how it was for me - they mentioned somewhere having a limited # of Launch Edition slots available, so at some point the only option will be starting in 2022. So I jumped on it now, because we would love to get an electric truck next year if at all possible.

But because we strongly prefer the 400-mile version, we're debating changing our configuration and waiting it out. The nice thing is that we have the choice at this point and can change things in that direction. So we'll see.