old floor mats in new SE?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by TempoHouse, Aug 9, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. TempoHouse

TempoHouse Member

Is it a sin to put a set of nine year old cocomats (that look new, since they never wear out) in a brand new SE? Those of you who already have an SE, do you think your car would be offended by such a thing?

Less importantly, does anyone know if floor mats from a 2012 Clubman will fit a 2022 SE?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Jim In Tucson

Jim In Tucson Well-Known Member

A new car deserves new mats. Sorry.

I prefer Lloyds mats. Lloydsmats.com

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

TempoHouse likes this.
  4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

If they really do look new, I don't believe the installation of your old cocoa mats rises (sinks?) to the sin category. But do they really look new or has your long association with them clouded your memory of what they looked like when actually new? Don't worry, none of us will come to inspect and judge how appropriate they are for your new SE.

Now, if you could find a way to affix an Energetic Yellow MINI-E logo on the passenger-side mat, no one could possibly complain. This image will help you place the logo.

upload_2021-8-9_21-37-59.png

TempoHouse and Newkirk like this.
  5. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I doubt they would fit well. Aside from being different models, the 2012 Clubman is an R55 and the SE is an F56. Completely different generations.

I did take my all-weather floor liners from my 2015 F56 and they work fine in the SE, but I prefer the all-weather floor mats, which I have in my 2014 Clubman (R55). I can't bear to use my pretty SE carpeted floor mats, too much dirt and water on my feet from gravel drive and winter.

(Liner on the left, mat on the right)

minifloorliner.jpg minifloormat.jpg

Lainey and TempoHouse like this.
  6. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

I took from my 2016 for the front and put them in my new 2021. Going from an F55 to F56. No sin. Yours won't be swappable though.

7. To remove this ad click here.