Ohio Mini SE Owners!

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by DisgruntledSanta, Oct 26, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. DisgruntledSanta

DisgruntledSanta Active Member

Hey all!
    I have been very much itching to get a small group together to run the Ohio hills, with planned charging stops - something that is not really taken into account with other Mini Cooper runs, which makes things.. well, challenging. Back in the Miata days, half of the fun was getting together with other owners and going out for ‘strolls’ if you will on the weekends through the hills.

If you live in Ohio and would be interested in a small organized run* down through Hocking Hills (realistically in the spring) please either reply to this thread or send me a DM and depending on the responses, I can get something planned up.

*run: either spirited or Sunday Stroll, I’m down for either!

Racejoe, MichaelC and endquote like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

I might be. In central part of Ohio and enjoy driving Hocking hills region

4. Loplop

Loplop New Member

Sounds fun! I’m in central Ohio and love blasting around the hocking hills area. I’m all ears on how we’d make the charging work…

Put me on the list as a possible :)

5. Racejoe

Racejoe Member

I'm in the Akron area, I'm game

6. DisgruntledSanta

Great!

I will get a route out together and post that here in the next couple weeks. I will be assuming everyone still has 100mi of range, to give some wiggle room for driving style/tire differences. If this does not work for you, please advise so I can make route adjustments.

Would 4/27/24 work for everyone? Historically, looks like it stays in the 50-65F range in southern Ohio. Obviously, this is pending actual weather, but I would like to get it on the calendar.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Loplop

Loplop New Member

Works for me! I am in Columbus (Upper Arlington) have a DC fast charger about a block from my house (and a Level 2 at home), if anyone is coming from points north I can send directions as we get closer to the date.

Racejoe likes this.
  9. DisgruntledSanta

Awesome! The plan would be to start at a fast charger so we could all be topped off and ready to go

10. Racejoe

Racejoe Member

Works for me!