Official Kia EV6 teaser images and videos released

Discussion in 'Kia EV6' started by Kendalf, Mar 8, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Kendalf

Kendalf Active Member

Looks like Kia wants to "one-up" Hyundai's Ioniq 5 and will be calling the vehicle formerly known as "CV" the Kia EV6.

Here are some of the official teaser images showing silhouetted side profiles as well as the rear lights.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Kendalf

Kendalf Active Member

And here are the teaser video clips.
    Side profile

Headlights

Taillights

4. salant76

salant76 Member

@Kendalf,

Thank you for posting. Sounds like in the next few weeks they will reveal the EV6. Hopefully they provide some information for the US version. Unlike the Ioniq 5 which as far as I know 2 weeks after the reveal there isn't any info for the US version.

5. Thanks for sharing. You're fast! I just saw the name EV6 mentioned and hustled here to get the new subforum up...and boom!

So, I did little fiddling in Photoshop, and it looks like it has a bit of a styling feature behind the front wheel, perhaps similar to the Stinger.
    Kia-EV6-lightened.jpg

Kendalf likes this.
  6. Oh, looking over some previous posts about this car, I found this image that appears to indicate it's debuting on the 21st of this month, with first deliveries in July.
    kia-cv-info-20210209-2.jpg

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Official design images preview:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Flush door handles, rear LED light cluster and new Kia logo.
    Still trying to locate the charge port.

Kendalf likes this.
  9. Kendalf

Kendalf Active Member

You beat me to it! I'm liking the initial impression. The air vents in the bottom front are a bit too busy IMO but at least they are black which makes it less obtrusive. Need some more time to study the details.

The charge port is in the right rear corner. I circled it in this image. Kind of nice and hidden, and doesn't spoil the clean rear quarter panel.
    [​IMG]

electriceddy likes this.
  10. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I assume the charge port must be in the same place as its stable-mate, the Ioniq 5.

upload_2021-3-14_19-8-46.png

electriceddy likes this.
  11. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

You beat me to it!

Kendalf likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Kendalf

Kendalf Active Member

I am really liking the way that the bottom silver trim which encircles the front and sides curves up in the rear doors to continue on to form the rear taillights. There's a cohesiveness to the design motifs that I think work very well from my initial impression.

14. Thanks for the reply, however Kendalf pointed that out already! I do much prefer your geometric circle:)

mho and Kendalf like this.
  15. The comparison with the Ioniq 5 is interesting. They're most likely the same basic car underneath the aesthetic details. IMO the Ioniq's exterior looks better, but the EV6 has a more interesting interior. Will be very curious to see what detailed specs and pricing looks like between the two models.

16. OMG, what is this?? That back end is esp hideous. I will gladly pick the Ioniq 5 over this!!

Domenick likes this.
  17. Nozuka

Nozuka New Member

Yeah... the back has to be a joke..