Odd steering wheel feedback

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Thomas - Tom Walker, Oct 22, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Both my wife and I have noticed an occasional, hard to describe, event. It's as if the car suddenly pulls (an exaggeration, but the closest I can come) - I've noticed it mostly to the right. It's very brief when it happens, but I don't think it's imaginary. I've had the alignment checked, so I know that isn't it.

Sound familiar to anyone?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Hi Tom - sounds like your LCA is gently reminding you to stay in the lane. Or have you ruled that out.
    Sorry - how familiar are you with the Lane Control Assist? The LCA often catches out new Kona-owners.

4. Yeah, it’s the Lane Keeping Assist. Check your owners manual.

5. Sounds like a right hand drive and normal action of the LKA. I get the same, as the car tends to hug closer to the center line than I sometimes feel comfortable with.

6. Yer.... sorry.
    Life Cycle Analysis is part of my day-job, so I had a brain freeze there with LCA.
    LKA.

.... and Tom, just a tip to throw your location up on your profile. It sometimes helps with us understanding left/right-hand drive and miles/km.

Thomas - Tom Walker likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.