Obd scanner port : where is it?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Luis Abreu, Sep 4, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. Luis Abreu

Luis Abreu Member

Hello guys.

Anyone knows where's the obd scanner port on the se?

Thanks.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MichaelC

MichaelC Well-Known Member

While the title of this video says "2014-2020", this is the location for all F56 cars (left-hand drive).

4. Luis Abreu

Luis Abreu Member

Thanks Michael... Bad location... And it seems like you need to completely remove the bottom protection...

5. MichaelC

MichaelC Well-Known Member

Since this port is intended for diagnostic use only, ease of access for the owner probably wasn't a design consideration.

On my 2021, there aren't any panels/protection to be removed. Everything is already exposed as shown in that video.

Texas22Step likes this.
  6. Luis Abreu

Luis Abreu Member

Mine is also from 2021... I'll have another look, but I'm almost sure that there's some sort protection there...

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

No cover on my 2021 Iconic. I'm glad the OBD port is against the left side where it's easy to access while kneeling on the ground. Some manufacturers force you to lay on the floor on your back to find the port near the center.

Texas22Step likes this.
  9. quietlyspinach

quietlyspinach Active Member

Yup, no cover on my 2022 Iconic. It's just exposed facing downward right above the left foot rest. You can easily feel it with your fingers.

10. Luis Abreu

Luis Abreu Member

You're right guys. No cover, it's just there... Not sure on how I missed it before...

Thanks again.

11. ColdCase

ColdCase Active Member

I seem to always need help finding the ODB port on any new car, sometimes they blend in so well.

BTW, not that its relevant for an electric car, in many US counties the ODB port is used for annual emission performance verification in addition to its diagnostic use.

Novadar likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Can't believe they've made it so difficult to get to. In the UK F56 (including the SE), you don't even have to exit the car. Its just behind a small cover that flips out, just about the hood release.
    upload_2021-9-5_22-47-55.jpeg