Number of Kona dimple depressions

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by electriceddy, Jun 15, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 278 total on the front end.
    Starting at the top part, 7 rows horizontal in groups of 12,16,14,19,16,19 and 16. (112)
    The lower section has 4 groups of 18/19 alternately with the last row at the bottom 18 (166)
    As a bonus I will throw in the wheels
    5 "spokes" with 20 dimples in each group totaling 100 per wheel.
    So a grand total of 678
    If it's any consolation, 64 of the 278 front end dimples are hidden behind the license plate, so one only needs to clean the drying wax (or bugs) out of 214 of them.
    I know, waxing the car is pretty boring so I needed some entertainment:D

mho, John Lumsden, FlexTail and 2 others like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. No license plate on the front here in Nevada, so all dimples need to be cleaned here.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

electriceddy likes this.
  4. Kitsilano

Kitsilano Active Member

Esprit1st and electriceddy like this.
  5. You're officially our OCD member of honour!

Fastnf, Melly, Murry and 3 others like this.
  6. It was only a matter of time before someone actually counted them :)

mho, Fastnf and Esprit1st like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall...

nigels, electriceddy and SkookumPete like this.
  9. First waxing since last fall and those dimples are hard as ever to get the wax out.:eek:
    The touch up pen the dealer gave me when I bought the car got a good workout too.
    I will say this however, the dimples do a great job of hiding misc rock dings, the few that are on the smooth part of the nose are still somewhat noticeable but better than before.
    The wax I use is Mothers Brazilian Carnauba cleaner wax:
    https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mothers-brazilian-carnauba-cleaner-wax-liquid-0392868p.html#srp
    and this product works great on the unpainted black (and silver) trim parts
    https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/silverwax-unpainted-mouldings-restorer-0396002p.html

10. KonaTom

KonaTom Well-Known Member

Its a short drive, so maybe you could demonstrate on my car Eddy. You could then count my dimples to see if we have the same number!!
    :)

FlexTail and electriceddy like this.
  11. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

I never wash my cars nor do I wax them. Wax is something that you only need if your car spends a lot of it's life exposed to UV rays.. The only time that my car gets UV rays is while I'm driving and occasionally if I go out for lunch.. Car is in the garage most of the time, at home and at work (not sure when I'm going to be working at the office again... have been working remotely since March). I use Meguiars Quick Detailer. Works great on every exterior surface and is great to get the bugs off..

electriceddy likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Funny - I was just at Transfer Beach yesterday soaking up the sun and getting my feet wet.

14. I mostly do it to protect the paint from bird droppings, added advantage is the bugs slide right off. Doesn't do much to avoid rock dings though.
    I do have a carport that is exposed to partial sun so UV protection helps as well.

mho and KiwiME like this.
  15. Those who wax their cars certainly become aware of the benefits. I have a shade sail to help with UV and the rare hailstorm.

3C4B4BFC-E7FE-4EB3-9DEB-C79407648CAC_1_105_c.jpeg

1st-KonaEV-in-FL and Esprit1st like this.
  16. Thought I would bump this thread with this new and intriguing information:
    Why are there only 16 vertical lines of dimples on the top grid converging into 18 on the bottom and yet remain symmetrical?
    [​IMG]

The mystery is now solved, as the bottom 5th vertical line in on each side aligns with the top indentations of the charge port (hinge side) cover and its counterpart on the opposite side.
    I also discovered (as a bonus), my 2021 models front count now stands @ 279 as there is a 3/16 inch circular one at located in the center of the bottom row of vertical dimples. (yes it is painted, not a rock chip).
    Not sure why...maybe a good battery marker?:D
    Hot day, cold beer, no where to go...what can I say?

17. I would say you need a hobby but it appears you have one! ;)

FlexTail, Fastnf and electriceddy like this.