Northern CA rebates

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Claire Green, Dec 20, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Claire Green

Claire Green Member

I was pleasantly surprised to recently find out that I qualify for an extra $2000 rebate for having an address in the central valley. I have applied for the state $1500 rebate and PG&E $500 rebate and just stumbled on another $2000 rebate from the San Joaquin Valley clean air district. It is not just for San Joaquin county residents but includes Stanislaus, Merced,Madera, Fresno, Kings,Tulare and portions of Kings. The info page states the rebate is not guaranteed (I'm guessing depends on funding) so I sent my application with low expectation and risked the price of stamps. One week later I received a letter acknowledging receipt of my application and upon further review my check will arrive in 60 days. Just sharing the info for other Northern california centra valley owners out there. Here's the link....http://valleyair.org/grants/documents/driveclean/Drive-Clean-App.PDF

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

I too received $3,500 from the state but it was due to low income rather than a special county program.

4. banshee2008

banshee2008 New Member

PG&E rebate is increasing to $800 next year apparently...so wait to apply for that one if you can.

5. 4sallypat

4sallypat Active Member

Southern California Edison (SCE) just increased their rebate from $450 to $1000 for taking delivery of a PHEV starting 1/1/19.

That's why we waited till then.

6. ukon

ukon Member

Is it decided upon delivery date of car (or) application date to the utility? Most articles I read mentioned application date.
    I bought in December but applied on Jan 2nd. Fingers crossed with PGE.

7. To remove this ad click here.