Noises at Low Speeds - Poll

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by NJClarity, Apr 18, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:

If you are hearing noises at low speeds, what year Kona are you driving?

1. 2021

33.3%
  2. 2020

33.3%
  3. 2019

33.3%
  4. 2018

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. NJClarity

NJClarity Member

Sort of a bummer to see these posts regarding issues at low speeds and the Consumer Reports article. Still considering a Kona or a Niro and this may help.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. The only low speed noise I hear is the VESS, which is what it is supposed to do. If you are talking about the clicking, that is old, old news, and there is a fix for it. Just take it to your dealer and get it done. I had it on mine about 14K kms ago, and hasn't come back after the fix. There is an old thread on this forum about it, but has not been very active recently, ie not many seem to be having that issue any more.

Why are you asking? Do you have noises on your Kona at low speeds? Is so, get it fixed. You would still be under warranty.

4. NJClarity

NJClarity Member

Considering either a Kona or Niro and trying to figure out if they have really fixed this in new model year vehicles?

5. This reeks of a bullshit post.

6. This and the charming "I hate everything about the Kona" thread seem to be starting a new trend. It appears the trolls have arrived after 3 years of relative peace.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. NJClarity

NJClarity Member

All's I'm trying to do h
    Should have probably been more specific. All I'm trying to figure out is whether I should buy a Niro EV or Kona EV. There is a whole long post on the Niro EV side about issues related to noises at low speeds and possible engine issues (and since Kia and Hyundai are the same company). The post is noted below.

https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/tapping-or-creaking-noise-when-coasting-at-low-speed.5915/

9. PRGDénia

PRGDénia Member

Been driving a 2020 64kWh Kona Style in Spain for the past 5 months.
    I'm not getting any unusual noises at low speed from the Kona

Bill Carter likes this.
  10. Fair enough. It's a fairly rare defect for either EV model and all cases reported on these forums and FB have been fixed under warranty. As a community we haven't worked out what the actual root cause is but all cases do get fixed eventually. The choice between the EVs is more about rear seat and trunk/boot space and whether or not a heat pump, battery heater and LED headlights are included, if those are features you would like.

11. MSimpsonNJ

MSimpsonNJ Active Member

This is the second or third recent reference to "the Consumer Reports article" I have seen. Is there a new article and if so can someone link it? I searched but no new article readily jumped up. Thanks.

12. To remove this ad click here.