No sound from infotainment system. Oh, wait...

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by JStrnad, Mar 2, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. JStrnad

JStrnad New Member

I drove to the store, listening to music on my iPhone via Bluetooth. Turned off my 2023 Kona EV, did my shopping, came back to the car. Started it, turned on Media, and the display showed that a tune was playing off my iPhone... but there was no sound.

I did the usual (turned infotainment on and off, turned car on and off, checked Bluetooth connection and iPhone volume). Nothing.

I tried the radio. Display was okay, but no sound.

I got home and reset to the factory default settings. Tuned in a radio station. No sound.

Popped the hood and checked for a blown fuse. No blown fuses.

Got on this board and, from a thread on a related problem, decided to reload the latest software update, though I'd updated in February '24. Went back to the garage, got in the car.

Turned on the car. Radio came on, with sound. Switched to media. A tune played from my iPhone through Bluetooth.

I have no idea what happened.

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. It is possible the system might have hung, did you try pushing the head unit pinhole reset button for 30 seconds?
    On my 21 MY c/w 10.3" screen, it is located to the right of the right hand knob.
    BTW...welcome to the forum;)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2024
    JStrnad likes this.
  4. JStrnad

JStrnad New Member

I didn't know about that pinhole! I'll try it if the problem crops up again. Thanks!

electriceddy likes this.
  5. Toby Whitehead

Toby Whitehead New Member

It used to happen to me from time to time. I just forget about it and it starts working again after I leave the car for a bit. It seems like something with the software gets hung. I have an android and experienced the same thing. At first I thought it was my phone having a problem with sending output to the right audio device but it was the car. Make sure your audio software is updated. Since the last update I did it have happened, that I can remember.

JStrnad likes this.