No sound at all!

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by maju2001, Jun 28, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. maju2001

maju2001 New Member

Hello!, Today I was driving my Clarity and I been hearing music as normal. Then at some point, no audio from speakers, no GPS guidance voice. Even if I touch the screen, no sound when I touch it....., very confused. I Did a HU reset, diconnected the negative from the battery, nothing works. Any idea? last night I connected the honda link but the radio was working. I uninstalled the app (just in case) and nothing. No codes. Volume is high, not muted, etc. The only thing that I noticed is that when I turn on the car, a sound (just for a second) can be heard from the front passenger side speaker then nothing else. Looks like the amp (if any) got toasted, I'm lost. Any help will be much appreciated. Saddly the car is out of warranty (what a lucky guy)...

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

The high price Honda charges for a replacement Clarity infotainment system was exactly what prompted me to purchase an extended warranty (which cost less, but I haven't needed it yet because my two AC condenser replacements were covered by Honda).

Ebay to the rescue!
    upload_2023-6-29_14-54-55.png

This seller says 2017-2018, but the first PHEV arrived for the 2018 model year.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2023
    maju2001 likes this.