No charge level on dash

Discussion in 'General' started by Cameron Brown, Feb 21, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Cameron Brown

Cameron Brown New Member

Anybody know of EVs that don't show the battery charge level on the infotainment system (instrument panel or head unit) or through the app?

I'm doing a comparison between OEMs and still can't understand why some don't show it. As far as I can tell, these models don't show battery charge level:

Tesla Model 3
    Tesla Model S
    Renault Zoe Q210
    Audi e-tron
    Peugeot e-208
    Vauxhall Corsa-e (old models)
    MG ZS EV (old models)
    Mini Cooper SE (potentially only during charging)
    Lucid Air

Are there others?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

upload_2023-2-21_11-3-22.jpeg
    Bob Wilson

4. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Are you asking for about a numerical display for the state of charge compared to visual segments (and estimated miles remaining)?

I think all the ones listed above can show the percentage numerically with exception of the Chevy Bolt and Toyota bZ4X?

5. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

MINI Cooper SE shows the charge level, in two spots. There's the always-visible "gauge" on the right side of the display (0%-50%-100% gauge) that is stupidly 8 segments (holdover from fuel gauge), so each segment roughly represents 12.5%. There's also the true battery percentage in the center bottom right, which is a selectable display but when battery is shown shows the true percentage.

se50kmiles.jpg

When plugged into a charger the center speedometer (green circle) turns to a charging information readout (during actual charging the %, rate and estimated time of completion are shown). (Note: ignore red circles, those are the climatization and scheduled departure time icons.)

seicons.jpg

Finally, the app shows charging information.

applow1.PNG

Last edited: Feb 21, 2023