No Audio From Infotainment System

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Toby Whitehead, Sep 15, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Toby Whitehead

Toby Whitehead New Member

2021 Kona Electric Ultimate trim. The Infotainment System stop outputting all sounds today. Radio, XM, navigation, USB media, Android Auto all have no sound. I pushed the rest button on the display to reboot it several times and turned the vehicle off several times but still no Audio. I checked the fuse and it's okay. Has anyone everywhere this before? Any advice on a fix before I go to dealership?

#problem resolved
    I shut the vehicle off for 30 minutes and came back to it and everything was working again.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2022
    electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Probably not related, but seeing as the 12V battery gets the blame for most ailments related, it might be worth checking the residual voltage is above 12.6 V. Might also be a bad connection in a connector(easy to check at dealer) if the problem persists;)

4. Toby Whitehead

Toby Whitehead New Member

Thanks, I'll check the battery this evening.

5. I've had this occur twice, the second time on a 1 month old 12V battery.

Posted here: https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/audio-off-issue.13111/#post-161243

I took a video of the issues with my phone to show Hyundai, but by the end of the work day, the audio system worked normally so there was no point wasting my time at the dealer.

electriceddy likes this.