Nissan LEAF navigation

Discussion in 'LEAF' started by jack wild, Sep 21, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. jack wild

jack wild New Member

why is it that the navigation system on the Leaf doesn't update<i have just found out that if i want to update mine it will cost me another £360.20 for a new sim card (coded for my car.) so at the moment all i get when i try to find charge point its about 6 years out of date, last week was the first time i had taken it on a long drive where i needed to charge up on route, i was sat on a charge point charging and my navigation system said the nearest charge point was 20 miler away.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

I have always considered Garmin to be an affordable, updated GPS solution. There are also smartphone options but often they require an active data link. I'd go with the Garmin which at least one model is also a dash cam.

GOOD LUCK!
    Bob Wilson

4. Yanni

Yanni Member

Is Google Maps not an option in your area? I've never had the need/desire to have "navigation" on my car as Google Maps is the most up-to-date mapping. It chokes when we are in the mountains (lose data connection) but at the same time, there aren't a lot of cross-streets/choices when we're in the mountains so it doesn't really matter. Also, on your smartphone if you download the route you're taking while you still have data (or if data charge$ are an issue, do it in Wifi) then it's on your phone and you can use it regardless of the current status of your data connection while driving.