Niro 2020 EV lease experience

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by smdx, Jun 18, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. smdx

smdx New Member

Hello,

My Volt lease is up and braving to go in full EV mode. The Niro looks impressive and I am hunting for a good lease deal in bay are, Northern CA region. Love to hear your stories and tips for negotiating.

Thanks.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. haizmanBrain

haizmanBrain New Member

Just turned in my 2nd leased Volt. If available I'd probably be on my 3rd, but I leased a 2019 EX Prem electric recently. Sale price was just over $40k. Lease cash provided by Kia was $10,100. I'm in SoCal. Here in CA there is a $2k state rebate that applies regardless if you purchase or lease, so I put $2k as a down payment - bringing the monthly payment to $375.
    The 2019's are mostly gone but you can find some good lease deals if you negotiate the price of the car as if it were a purchase. I vacillated between purchase with the 0.0% but ended up leasing because I have always believed in the strategy of leasing new cars, and purchasing used.
    I swung the extra $$ for the Premium because of the better sound system and cooled seats, but I would have been pretty happy with just the base EX model also. For that trim in my area, I could have got $9400 for lease cash with sale price of $35500. After the $2k down, payments would have been just over $300 per month.

Peter CC and smdx like this.
  4. Raleigh Ron

Raleigh Ron Member

How many months on your lease?

5. ArcticCoastie

ArcticCoastie New Member

on Saturday, I'm going to sign a lease on a 2019 EX Premium. I buying and registering the car in MD, whose sales tax rebate (up to $3k) is in stasis pending re-filling the fund, but my state legistator told me that would be extremely likely in the next legislative session). I negotiated the sale price of the car down to $40,200 sales price, with a cap cost of $30,100 on the car (pre-tax). I'm not putting anything down, and got the dealer to cover the first monthly payment, and they will pay off of my current Optima PHEV lease of $1130. With sales tax and doc fees included, monthly payment is $440/mo for 36 months at 10k miles per year. I usually drive 9k per year, and with the 'rona going around, i'm sure i'll be driving less than that.

So, if you can get a 2019 EX Premium for less than $40k, i'd say jump on it. Hope this helps.

6. haizmanBrain

haizmanBrain New Member

I did 36/10.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. VideoSteve

VideoSteve New Member

Be sure to check out LeaseHackr on the web.

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

9. 2020 Ex Premium for $33400 after Kia ate all the federal and state rebates for the lease. Lease is the best way to go... Don't deal with the tax credits

$2500 down
    $358/month 10,000 miles/yr

electriceddy likes this.
  10. Beautiful looking car a great deal, congratulations and enjoy:)

11. Congratulations on your new car. My wife and I did the same last year and we couldn't be happier with our lease.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Thanks you guys. I feel the love! ...:cool: EV love...

Biden 2020, we gotta turn this around.

14. blue_door

blue_door Member

I just bought a 2020 Niro EX. Dealer markdown of $3700, KMF lease cash of $9400 (which includes Federal Tax Credit), my $5000 down payment, my lease rate is $178 a month, 36 months, 12k miles per year. They did not take the state tax credit off because the state (Oregon) has shafted them on not paying the rebates in the past and so the burden will fall to me to claim that. That will take away another $2500 off of the deal. Aside from my down payment, I am driving this car for practically free for a while.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    228ra likes this.