New Video - Plug&Play module for hidden EV info

Discussion in 'General' started by Andre Laurence, Feb 7, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. If you would like to know the state of health of the battery, and other hidden information, of your Niro EV, Soul EV 2020, Kona Electric, ou Ioniq Electric 2020, this module will be of interest. Created by Jean-Pierre Lavoie, a member of Hyundai Kona Electric-Québec Facebook page, this module makes it Plug&Play.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel and click on the notification bell. Thank you.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Nice little unit and I might buy one except for 2 points; (1) the recommended dongles(included) have no power on off switch which will drain the AUX battery if left for some time with car off and
    (2) I would prefer to see all the 98 individual cell voltages displayed in conjunction with the SOH (if no room at least the min and max differential expressed in mv)
    Maybe version 2?
    https://evobd2.com/

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  4. Hi there.

Regarding the OBD2 adapter, I have had mine in for over 1 week and my 12V battery is not suffering at all. I watch the 12V status on this device and it shows that it is always at a proper state of charge and has good voltage. The OBD2 unit I use takes so little energy when the car is off, there is no real effect. And this has been during a week where the temperature has dropped to -25C.

I hope the above info helps.
    The module in question is really for people who don't want to mess with an app, or too many bits of information. If you are interested in all of the details then I suggest you try Torque Pro and see my video about it, it gives you all info, including individual cell voltage, etc.