New to VW

Discussion in 'ID.4' started by Paul K, Jan 29, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Paul K

Paul K Active Member

I have never owned a VW product before but that changed today when I took possession of a new 2023 id.4 Pro. I was getting anxious to move my reliable but depreciating 2018 Leaf along. One of the determining factors was that the VW dealer actually had some in stock and available. The others I was interested in were the Kia EV6, Nissan Ariya and maybe even a Cadillac Lyric.

Because of my positive experience I would have been predisposed towards the Ariya but few were available and only in the most expensive trim level. The dealer said they could "scare one up maybe in a few weeks" but with some rather expensive mandatory dealer add ons which really upped the price. No thanks.

Watching the local Kia dealer's website like a hawk I suddenly saw an EV6 listed and in my favourite colour. A quick trip to the dealer showed it sitting in the showroom with a sold sign on it. I find that dealers do this to draw people in to try to sell them something else. They said they could order me one in the trim level I wanted but the wait could be very long and what they offered for the Leaf was an insult.

The VW dealer experience was surprisingly pleasant. The salesperson very open turning her monitor around so I could see various wholesale bids for a car of my description. The business manage (whom we all dread) was a very pleasant chap and showed no disdain or displeasure when I indicated that I didn't want any add ons. What they initially offered for trade in was a bit below the outright purchase offer from the Nissan dealer. They matched that offer. They got the sale.

After a few months I'll let y'all know how it's going.

ericy and electriceddy like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ID4 was on my radar for some time and is a fine EV.
    Congratulations and enjoy!