New owner, LOVE my Clarity

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Simon Sun, Nov 20, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. Simon Sun

Simon Sun New Member

Glad to find this place, and Clarity is the most popular forum here.
    I just drive my Clarity for 1 week, < 200 miles and impressed/enjoy how quiet this car.

one disappointed feature missing is the sunroof, and head-up-display.
    seems they are still missing in 2019 models (by my dealer).

anyone tried to find an aftermarket to get either of them installed?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. WantEV

WantEV Member

Welcome! I have had mine for a month and love every bit of it!

4. Congratulation! New owner (2 days) here as well.

Personally, I find sunroofs a negative. Maybe just a bad experience, but I see it as a possible source of leaks over time.

But I'm probably an outlier.

Vezz66, amy2421 and jdonalds like this.
  5. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

If an outlier, then so am I since I tend to agree. Even if they cause no problems, I hardly ever use them. Certainly not worth the cost to me. I won't buy a car with one if I can buy the same car without one at any lower price.

6. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

Same here. I have a sunroof on my 4Runner (bought the car used so it wasn't an option) that I rarely use and then it is usually to appease my kids who want to see it open. It's just an extra thing to break or leak.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

A sunroof also reduces the available headroom.

9. amy2421

amy2421 Active Member

Add me to the list of people not missing my sunroof! I used to like them but I have had 2 cars with sunroof problems. My last car had a full glass roof (panoramic sunroof), I think I used it twice in the 2 years I had my Sonata. I thought I'd like the extra light but I had to keep the sunshade closed all the time.

10. ClarityPHEVer

ClarityPHEVer Member

I do miss the sunroof that my former car had. I used it all the time, but I live in coastal CA where the weather is mild every day of the year.

11. V8Power

V8Power Active Member

I had one on my Lexus for 10 years and never used it or the accompanying ejector seats !

JJD and insightman like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Sun roof...extra cost, higher probability of leaks, certainty of less head room (and then having to lower seat and making it harder to get into), reduced milage (weight and aerodynamics) equal...meh.
    Wait a minute, when did I go from a young buck to an old geezer?

insightman and JJD like this.
  14. MNSteve

MNSteve Well-Known Member

And I live in MN where it isn't. I had a car with a sunroof and used it occasionally, but given a choice I would pass on that option.