New Kona EV Limited owner with some dumb (maybe) questions

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by JedK, Aug 16, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. JedK

JedK Member

OK, so I think of myself as pretty technical and I have gone through the menus and looked at the owner's manuals. I must be just missing this...
    1) My wife drove the car and now everything is in metric. How do I get back to imperial? Like KPH back to MPH?
    2) I got rid of my old car which had a SiriusXM subscription. I want to transfer that subscription to this Kona EV Limited but I can't find the ESN/Radio ID. Can someone point me to that information?

Thanks,
    JedK

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SkookumPete

SkookumPete Well-Known Member

Your first question is puzzling, because my impression was that my Canadian model has no user option to show imperial, except for the secondary speed display (p. 3-46 in the US manual). Perhaps an option to switch units is available in Europe or the U.K.? In any case the option is certainly available in software and should be reachable by a dealer.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  4. CJC

CJC Well-Known Member

Here is info for Sirius radio ID. https://www.siriusxm.ca/help/find-your-radio-id/
    To switch from kph to mph go to user toggle on the steering wheel and scroll down. Speedometer Subsection will come up and you can tick it on or off. Also, I live a mile from the States and the head up display automatically converts to mpg from kph when I cross the border.

5. SkookumPete

You're talking about the secondary speed display, which I referenced and which has no effect on units displayed for anything else. I assumed the OP meant "everything" literally but perhaps not.

6. CJC

CJC Well-Known Member

It effects the units displayed on my dash. It takes my top reading from kilometers to mph. I am trying to download a photo without luck. Some glitch with my phone. I'll keep trying.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SkookumPete

The odometer and trip meters? The fuel consumption? All I see is a mph reading below the usual one.

Maybe your proximity to the border is taken into account. If so, it's surely one of the more curious undocumented features .

9. CJC

CJC Well-Known Member

I didn't check the trip meters or odometer--just the main display on the dash.

10. JedK

JedK Member

Thanks for your help. That SiriusXM Radio ID location was crazy but I found it. Side note. I dropped SiriusXM because of the cost on my old car, and they sent me an email offering a year at $6 a month.
    About the MPH vs KPH in the middle. I guess it was alway KPH. Kind of weird. Too bad us Americans were too stupid to learn metric. I remember we tried to convert like 45 years ago, but we failed. We do have liter size Coke though because of that effort.

Thanks again,
    Jed K

11. CJC

CJC Well-Known Member

SkookumPete, I tend to get which car I am driving confused. With the 2020 Soul EV, I go to Set Up and then Navigation and change it from kilometers to miles and all is changed on the Soul such as odometer etc. With the Kona EV, I go to Set Up and Navigation and choose miles or kilometers and I get the HUD with the information and then if I am in miles per hour, the nav voice will be giving directions in miles instead of kilometers. The Soul set up is much easier and more comprehensive. Sometimes I feel discombulated when I switch cars as they are so alike but so different. lol

12. To remove this ad click here.