New Ioniq 5 Owner

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by Sandroad, Oct 29, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

I'm back, this time with a BEV! My wife and I had a series of 3 PHEVs over 7 years, a Ford Fusion Energi, a Honda Clarity, and an Audi Q5e. We decided it was time for a BEV and jumped on an AWD SEL teal over green/grey last July when Hyundai was offering $5 off MSRP. We love it! It does everything we need well and is way more efficient with electricity than any of the PHEVs. We charge at home because it's our local vehicle; we have a gas-burner for trips and towing. I'll look forward to tracking things on this forum.

Edit: I need to update my avatar photo!

electriceddy and insightman like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. jadebox

jadebox New Member

Welcome! We also have an SUV and an RV. We use those for towing and trips. My previous EV only had about 70 miles of max range on a charge and it was never an issue because I bought it just for driving to and from work - about 25 miles a day.

Shortly after I bought that car, the pandemic hit and I started working from home. As little as we drive now, using the SUV wouldn't be a big deal. But I liked our previous EV and I like nice things in general. So I recently bought a used 2022 Ioniq 5 Limited.

Going from around 70 miles of range to over 300 has been like when I upgraded my TRS-80 Model I computer from 4K of RAM to 16K and couldn't imagine how I would ever use that much memory!

If I were still driving to and from work, I could go two weeks between charges.

ScubaSteve, Sandroad and electriceddy like this.
  4. Geezer

Geezer New Member

We have the same exact I-5, but a '22. Great car!

electriceddy likes this.
  5. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

Yesterday I took my dog for a walk at a local park. There were 3 vehicles in the parking lot, my Ioniq 5, a Tesla Model 3, and a Rivian RT1. It looked like the electric future!