New EV that you have never heard of being sold in the US: Kandi K23 and K22

Discussion in 'General' started by interestedinEV, Mar 2, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. interestedinEV

interestedinEV Well-Known Member

I keep getting surprised especially about the Chinese Entry into the US EV market
    Yesterday it was Fedex buying Chinese EV trucks, today it is Kandi from Geely the Chinese auto company.

I cannot find a dealer on their website (even using several LA zip codes). I could not even find a dealer in Garland, TX which is where the US headquarters is.

You can request a quote if you provide them with your details. The K22 looks like a toy car and is priced at $19,000
    upload_2020-3-2_18-56-31.png

The K23 is a little bigger and claims 188 miles (not EPA). Overpriced if you ask me for a no name brand in the US, and if anyone is interested, you can get a quote from them. Seems that they have not got their act

upload_2020-3-2_18-49-27.png

upload_2020-3-2_18-48-5.png

upload_2020-3-2_18-48-41.png

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. The K22 looks a lot like a shrunk down iMiEV except a lot happier :D
    https://www.autoguide.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/2016-Mitsubishi-i-MiEV-10.jpg

interestedinEV likes this.
  4. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

First reaction is "early april fools joke"

_H*

5. interestedinEV

Well their website is a joke

6. gooki

gooki Well-Known Member

Weird. There's some great looking EVs coming out China, why are they trying to pedal this "junk" in the USA?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. InsideEVs wrote about Kandi recently (again) when they released the K27 here. The dealer is SC Autosports and the Kandi website is here.

I suspect these are only legal to be on public roads like golf carts: only certain low-speed roads and with the proper licensing. Don't think we'll be seeing gangbuster sales any time soon.

9. interestedinEV

I agree with you that is weird. As I said before, there website is a joke, they seem to have no dealers as yet (they are still soliciting dealers).

Here is where I think they are making a play. The K22 is priced at $18,000 less the $7,500 rebate less any other rebates in California and other places. This may bring the cost of the car around $11,000 out of the door, which is better than the EV version of the SmartCar, which is no more being sold in the US. So may be that is a niche they can exploit but will it really sell. The Smartcar did not, so I agree with you.

They have some sort of relationships with Geely Automotive, which is much bigger company but I am not clear what is exactly going on.

BTW they are listed on NASDAQ (about $3 a share, symbol KANDI) , not that it means much. And if you are ever interested in the knowing their mission, you can go to their website (English version, I do not know Chinese) http://en.kandivehicle.com/AboutUs.aspx?guid=40661425-9a43-4909-8cb1-65be408cdf6b

Their business ethics statement cracked me up the most

upload_2020-3-7_11-31-29.png

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    electriceddy and Domenick like this.
  10. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

After reading the specs, no wonder China suspended EV subsidies. An end-of-lease, BMW i3-REx would be a better buy.

Bob Wilson

interestedinEV likes this.