New Clarity with Blurry wipers/windshield

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by yeah723, Jun 15, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. yeah723

yeah723 New Member

So I recently got a new Clarity and since day 1 the wipers would not wipe clean and the wipers would bounce on the windshield. I brought the car back to the dealer and after removing the film? They said and showed me that the windshield was full of scratch marks. Told me that they could reapply the film to solve the problem but that would not be right as the problem would come back after around 50k kms. They ordered a new windshield and replaced the wipers as well. Now the wipers wipe clean and quiet. Btw, all under warranty so no charge.

Just sharing my experience.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. megreyhair

megreyhair Active Member

Most if not all of us have issues with the wiper skipping, jumping. Changing the wiper makes a difference. The biggest difference is to apply Rain-X or Aquapel on the windshield.

Dave whitton likes this.
  4. yeah723

yeah723 New Member

Wiper problem is back and dealer has given up citing design flaw. I tried putting on rain x but water still smear when the wiper comes down. How do you guys all fix it? This is nothing but upsetting.

Attached Files:

5. megreyhair

megreyhair Active Member

I used Aqua-pel, it is similar to rain-x but last for months instead weeks. I also tried aftermarket wipers but they didn't work. I switched back to the OEM and get rubber insert replacement off amazon. No more smearing and skipping.

6. yeah723

yeah723 New Member

Thanks for replying, dealer already put new wiper blades and I just put on rain x. The smear is still there.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

Sounds like a move to a drier climate might be a good idea.

9. megreyhair

megreyhair Active Member

It sound fishy to me. I had the same exact problem, same spot, same smearing. I think the windshield has a little dip and that is why the wiper cant seems to clear the water. Replacing the wiper resolved the issue for few weeks. Thew aqua-pel did the trick for me. Maybe apply another coat of rain-x?

10. yeah723

yeah723 New Member

I called Honda Canada and complained to them. They called dealer and dealer called me to schedule an appointment to fix. Fingers cross that this work.

11. megreyhair

megreyhair Active Member

Good luck! Hope they resolve the issue.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Annwn

Annwn Member

This comes up from time to time in the Facebook user group. The suggestions & fixes mirror what you've already heard here. 1) clean the windshield & wipers well, 2) apply Rain-X or something similar, 3) keep the wipers clean & re-apply Rain-X, 4) replace the OEM wiper inserts relatively frequently - they're fairly cheap and it's not a big hassle. Past that, you might consider ceramic coatings made for glass on the windshield, should be a slight upgrade to Rain-X and not need as much application. For brands - Xpel is a pretty well regarded not-the-most-expensive-but-good premium option with an installer network (or DIY). Does need to be re-applied - I think usually once a year - ask the installer or check their website.

14. yeah723

yeah723 New Member

I took it to dealer on Sat and it took about an hour. I believe they took the car and started working on it right away. Not sure what they did other than changing the wiper again but it seems to be clearer now. It is hard to test without direct sunlight and rain so hopefully it is all fixed. Got to buy some Aquapel once the rain-x runs out.