New clarity owner!

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by tdiman, May 25, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. tdiman

tdiman Member

Picked up a new clarity today.. I have pretty significant experience with a gen 5 crv so hopefully I can contribute some here.

$33.9k for those counting, crimson touring phev!

Based on advice here, already ordered the tux mats. Also ordered the oem center console mat, some short USB cables and oem splash guards. Waiting for an aftermarket trunk liner, the tiny stock one is useless on this version. IMG_20180525_171310.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Numbernine, Ordell98, AlanSqB and 4 others like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Congrats! Was that 33.9 out the door? Or before tax and license?

4. tdiman

tdiman Member

I wish! 36.5k after tax, title, $97 wheel locks, doc fee, state inspection, registration.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

5. qtpie

qtpie Active Member

Please stop asking if the given price is OTD. Most people here gave their final negotiated price before tax and license fee because these vary depending on where you live. Unless you live in a state with no sales tax, it would be hard for you to get the Touring model for under $36k.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

6. GTO 409

GTO 409 Member

Always glad for the clarification of whether the price mentioned was out the door or before all the sundries. It can be hard to determine in some cases.

Perhaps, people should start giving both — the negotiated price (mentioning accessories included) and, then, the extra costs, specifiying which ones, on top of that.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Hi.Ho.Silver

Hi.Ho.Silver Active Member

Congrats. Your gonna love the car. Hellava good price. My only small regret was pulling the trigger before the dealers had lots of inventory and the price dropped. I only got $1000 off sticker price.

David A and tdiman like this.
  9. KenG

KenG Member

Ah but you were able to get one under sticker.... our poor friends in Canada would like your price!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

Johnhaydev likes this.
  10. BertBDJ

BertBDJ Member

Yes, yes we would. Touring at CAD$45,655 before taxes and fees. No negotiation available.

Akinto likes this.
  11. weave

weave Active Member

Could be worse. I hate when some dealers tack on a line item called "market adjustment" which basically means over list because a car is hot.

That's when I like nope out of there.

David A likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. BertBDJ

BertBDJ Member

Agreed, there was a demo I was tracking while waiting for my Clarity to arrive (yes there is a shortage and many cancellations of orders in Canada). They tacked on more $8,000 worth of dealer add ons and refused to negotiate. Things like paint protection, tire protection, nitrogen in the tires etc etc. That didn't even include extended warranty. They were absolutely gouging based on the fact that there was a shortage and the potential for a rebate cancellation(which actually came to pass) was pending. I'm sure someone purchased it, figuring it was better to get the 13k rebate than missing it completely. But I walked, I wouldn't want to deal with a dealership like that.

David A likes this.