New Clarity Owner! 2018 Moonlit Forest Touring

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by chironi, Sep 17, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. chironi

chironi New Member

Hi all!

I purchased a Clarity last week! I had been driving a Subaru WRX for many years prior, so this is quite a big change for me. But I'm loving it! It's by far to most comfortable car I've ever been in.

I've read about some of the software bugs on this forum (HV miles, warning lights, etc.) I haven't experienced any yet, but is there a way to check if the appropriate patches are already applied, or just wait and see?

20180912_173326.jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. weave

weave Active Member

Welcome.

Just wait and see basically. If you have the mileage bug it will quickly show up after about two gas fills, especially if you do lot of electric driving.

For example, I have mine set to reset my Trip A after each gasoline fill. I'm at 600 miles now and half a tank of gas. Let's say I go 800 miles before I fill and end up putting 6 gallons into it. So the car figures I got 133 MPG, so my next tank it estimates I'll get 133 miles for each of the seven gallons in the tank, hence 133*7=931 so it sets my range to 931.

This also messes up your current MPG calculators on various displays.

Seems clear whoever programmed the range calculator just copied the code from a gasoline engine car. :-(

ClarityDoc and chironi like this.