New 2019 Niro EV owner - please help!

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by francoliu, Feb 16, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. francoliu

francoliu New Member

Hi all - I recently bought this car and have wanted to use the Kia Connect app, but I cannot seem to figure out how to update the software so that the Kia Connect icon comes up. My car does not have an SD port, only a USB port. I downloaded a "display audio" update which does not seem to have changed much. There still is no Kia Connect icon, only a UVO icon, which says that I am enrolled, but I do not know how to access any of the features (there isn't a UVO app on the App Store anymore).

Any ideas? When I put in my VIN on the Kia Connect site, it does say my car is compatible with Kia Connect.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Robert Lewis

Robert Lewis Member

I'm not completely sure how to solve your problem - but the 2019 Niro EV does have a SD card slot. It's kinda hidden though. It's below the screen, but right above the hazard light button. It looks like a blank black space, but on closer examination you'll see "SD" on it. It's a little cover/door that pulls off from the bottom. I'm not sure if this update requires updating from the SD, but others have.