Navigation update availability

Discussion in 'Kia EV6' started by Bill Carter, May 9, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I inquired about when an update might be available for the EV6 and rather promptly received the following:

"Hello Bill,

Thank you for contacting Hyundai AutoEver. I'm happy to assist you.

You were asking about OTA updates and the downloaded map and software updates. The OTA update is not available for your vehicle. Currently, we do not have information as to when or if Kia will offer the OTA updates.

For the map and software update to download will be available after May 12th. The Navigation Updater is undergoing server maintenance. During the server maintenance, you will not be able to download new map and software update from the Navigation Updater for the specified vehicle models, GEN5, GEN5W and PGEN5.

After May 12th, you can go to the website: update.kia.com to download and install the Navigation Updater on a computer with at least 100GBs of free space and a 64GB USB drive to copy the update from the computer. There is an update guide that will explain the steps.
    Please contact us if you have questions. Thank you for reaching out to us.
    Respectfully,
    Luz"

Although my search was for the Kia update information, somehow I ended up at a Hyundai information page and sent my inquiry from there. At least the answer gives the Kia url.

DLinLV likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. The Kia URL is up and running. I just downloaded the navigation update and will make the install attempt when my wife returns with the car. :)

4. Turns out that there is still no option for more map background colors than just black. If there is an OTA update in early summer as the Kia update website seems to imply, maybe the lack of more colors will be rectified?