Nav map update 2020

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Harold lowery, Oct 14, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Harold lowery

Harold lowery New Member

It would appear that the update also updated the audio head unit. I noticed today that I could stream I-heart radio thru Bluetooth with no cable from the phone to the car. I also saw thru Bluetooth to HondaLink that I could send locations from my phone to the main car navigation even while in motion.
    This was with a 2018 upper level clarity and an iPhone XS-max.

( as a side note, it is about time as my last 4 new fords over the last 10 years with sync could do this and more.)

-harold

Sandroad likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. eneka

eneka Member

are you sure it wasn't a phone update that triggered the new functions?

4. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

Although I don't have much expertise with HondaLink, I would also doubt that this has anything to do with a Nav. update. The Nav updates are performed via Garmin directly. I doubt they would have the ability / authority to do anything with the general operation of the head unit.

johncl, Texas22Step and insightman like this.
  5. Harold lowery

Harold lowery New Member

Perhaps I am off base as I am not a techie. I only know for the last 20 months until today I could never Bluetooth stream music to the radio and today it can do it now. Always had to connect phone with cord before.

6. MPower

MPower Well-Known Member

Can't speak for iPhones, but since day 1, I have been able to stream whatever audio I am listening to from my Galaxy phones to the Clarity using bluetooth.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. RickSE

RickSE Active Member

I use iOS and could always stream music via Bluetooth. I plug in my phone because CarPlay only works with a cable so it’s the only way to see maps. Honda garmin NAV is useless for traffic updates vs Waze.

zman likes this.
  9. Harold lowery

Harold lowery New Member

Thanks. Based on your replies, I must have had some setting messed up and in loading the new Nav update, initialized the settings and now Bluetooth streaming works. Maybe someday Honda will have Bluetooth CarPlay.