My Kona keeps getting better

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Paul DeLeon, Jul 23, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Paul DeLeon

Paul DeLeon Active Member

20210723_170847.jpg 20210723_170847.jpg

Joev and Bill Carter like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Ed C

Ed C Active Member

Pfttt, that's nothing. Try to beat this buddy:
    PIC023.JPG

Joev likes this.
  4. One of the most disappointing things for me is that because of covid and the 20% reduction in charge another warm summer season is going to go by and I'm not going to get a chance to see if my maximum distance ever gets back to my all time highs of my first year of ownership. I think my 500+km highs will remain a distant memory. :(

5. Ed C

Ed C Active Member

This is a contest of efficiency.

True, ultimately range will increase...if you can get the highest efficiency.

Average efficiency is 3-4 miles/kWh. 6 is good, 8 is elite.

Of course people can cheat by going a very short distance downhill. I only take your efficiency into account if you can go over 20 miles.

6. Paul DeLeon

That was after driving the countryside for a couple of hours at 45 to 50 MPH. I was amazed at 350,its not typical. My point is that the electric motor appears to become more efficient over time. I wonder if others have observed this?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Or, is it possible that you have become more efficient at driving the car? I know my driving style changed completely after a while in the Kona.

9. The car is just understanding you better. It's you, your habits and driving style that has become more efficient.

10. Jimct

Jimct Active Member

My efficiency is nowhere near that. I gotta stop drag racing Corvettes at stoplights.

11. Paul DeLeon

When I drive, I use the left paddle to slow for lights. I use the Cruise Control a lot, go the speed limit, keep windows closed. Doesn't seem like that would make such a difference, though. I drove pretty much the same way a year ago and was getting 4 to 4.5.

12. To remove this ad click here.