My 2021 SE

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by JonR, Dec 12, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. JonR

JonR Well-Known Member

• Signature, slick top model
    • ST coilovers
    • 17" OEM wheels
    • Cooper S front grill
    • Smoked side markers
    • Smoked rear fog lights
    • Black mirror caps
    • Black vinyl wrap on rear hatch lift
    • Cooper side turn signals
    • Black "S" badges front and rear
    • "E" delete on hatch
    • Mini antenna

PXL_20211212_223038925.jpg
    PXL_20211212_223000224.jpg

PXL_20211212_222943523.jpg

PXL_20211212_222929155.jpg

PXL_20211212_222851977.jpg

Akanaten, Wbrownie, wessy and 5 others like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Did you disable the Acoustic Pedestrian Protection sound to complete the disguise of your SE?

4. JonR

JonR Well-Known Member

I do have Bimmercode and I have many of the convenience mods like remember the last drive mode (sport), fix the dimming display, turn off the seat belt reminder chime, turn off the automatic lock/unlock, etc.

wessy likes this.
  5. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

There's a suspicious lack of tailpipes...

wessy and insightman like this.
  6. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

'S' for sleeper. <thumbs up>

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. JonR

JonR Well-Known Member

I forgot to mention that I have 15mm ECS spacers on it too.

9. DisgruntledSanta

DisgruntledSanta Active Member

Oooo turning off that seatbelt chimeā€¦ I always boot the car up then strap in, but that dinging is annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

10. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I reprogrammed myself. No need to give the car a few seconds to warm up, so now for me it's strap in and then engage propulsion.

insightman likes this.
  11. Wbrownie

Wbrownie New Member

Hi JonR,

Fellow Tennessean! We are in Davidson county and have Mini SE arriving soon. Actually made it to port today.

Interested in which coilovers you did. Do you have a link? Given the ride height I will be very interested in lowering ours as well.

Thanks in advance!

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. JonR

JonR Well-Known Member

I have only found that ST and KW have coilovers specifically for the SE. The others are for the S and will work but have stiffer front springs and weaker rear springs than what ST/KW have used on the SE. ST is made by KW too but just have different materials for the damper bodies.

I have ST X coilovers that I purchased from ECS Tuning. These have fixed dampers and if I did it again, I would purchase the ST XA which has adjustable dampers.
    ST X
    ST XA

If you are worried about rust, which I highly doubt in TN, you could get the KW versions. I don't think it is needed here though. The springs are identical between ST and KW coilovers and my springs say "KW" on it. You'll pay more for KW.

KW V1: same thing as ST X with fixed dampening but stainless.
    KW V2: same thing as ST XA with adjustable dampening but stainless.

ECS lists many other coilover brands but no others are designed yet for the SE. They are all for the S which has different weight distribution and different ride height. I highly recommend you stick with ST or KW. I contacted BC Racing and Bilstein but they haven't tested the SE yet.

You could also try Eibach springs. These are lot less expensive but harder to get. Eibach USA doesn't sell these so you have to purchase the springs from a company in Europe. The part number is E10-57-004-08-22.

H&R lists the springs for the convertible as compatible with the SE but it has a larger drop than what the convertible has. These are easy to get but I worry that it would be too low.

14. Wbrownie

Wbrownie New Member

Thank you!! Appreciate all the info!