Musk opinion of himself?

Discussion in 'General' started by David Green, Oct 8, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. David Green

David Green Well-Known Member

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

Gosh, yet another Tesla bashing hit piece from Business Insider.
    :rolleyes:

They ought to make the background color on their website yellow.

4. David Green

5. interestedinEV

interestedinEV Well-Known Member

Well your opinions of Elon, at least on this, forum are not really a secret :D but I need to point out this was supposed to be a private comment and relates to one incident. Elon has not admitted culpability beyond that incident. So it is a generalization to say that is what he thinks of himself all the time. If I were to guess, this is one of the few places where he has admitted being wrong. And yes he has made other mistakes, but this one was especially egregious, as he defamed the person who was the key to the rescue efforts.

Again I cannot talk about the veracity of this particular statement, but Elon has tried to back track on his comments on the spelunker. He has tried to get the lawsuit dismissed after challenging the diver to file the lawsuit. He has then tried to minimize the statement, claiming that "pedo guy" should not be taken literally.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/16/elon-musk-says-pedo-guy-insult-not-defamation-cave-diver-seemed-like-a-creepy-old-man/

Elon's family office paid $50,000 to a convicted felon to dig up dirt on the diver and when that failed, allegedly had that person leak false information.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/elon-musk-pedo-guy-lawsuit-defamation-vernon-unsworth-a9147806.html

The fact of the matter is that Elon allowed his ego to get the better of him. When he was called out by the diver, he lashed out with unsubstantiated allegations. He then tried to use his wealth and legal hired hands to avoid trial, but it is going forward. He may be forced to testify. So I am not surprised that he is having second thoughts about his actions, as he may have realized that he went too far.

At least in this case, I do not agree Business Insider is being biased or unfair or is a hit job. In this case, Elon has to face the music. Elon has done a lot of things right, but everything that he does is not right. Most of his mistakes are perfectly OK, you need to make mistakes to succeed. But some of mistakes are deliberate and calculated, and when you do that, you might get caught and have to pay amends. As people may have realized by now, I am not an Elon basher, but that does not mean that spade cannot be called a spade.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    David Green and electriceddy like this.
  6. David Green

I agree, another Elon Unforced Error, and the plot thickens as more of his deposition leaks out. Elon wanted a pat on the back for the sub, like he got in Puerto Rico (ask those people what they think of Elon today, after he abandoned them with no power and broken solar equipment?)

7. To remove this ad click here.