Multiple warning lights on HondaLink app too

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Alex0913, Jan 12, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Alex0913

Alex0913 Member

Hi all,
    I got a multiple warning lights after charging the car at the mall. I noticed that the car had stopped charging thru the app so I tried charging it again thru the app while we were having lunch (did this a few times). When we got to the car we heard a noise coming from the car, it seemed it was the conditioning system was on, so I got in the car and started it. It then gave me all the warning lights that there is a long thread on this forum so I knew it was safe at least to drive it home and it was. After getting home and letting the car “rest” for a while the lights went away but there is still massage on my HondaLink link app (see attached), my question for those getting the warning lights, did you also get a message of brake system problem or any other message on the HondaLink app??
    Thanks for any input!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. mustermutti

mustermutti Member

I just had the exact same symptoms on my car today (2020 Clarity PHEV, about 13k miles/9 months old). After driving for ~100 miles yesterday and charging at home overnight, I got spammed with "charging stopped" notifications from the HondaLink app (first time that happened but didn't pay much attention to it). It did appear to charge fully though. When I walked up to the car this morning, it was very noisy (while supposedly turned off); I was a bit startled but assumed it's probably the air conditioner cooling the battery, although it wasn't actually super hot today (temps in the 80s, car is parked in a covered garage) and I've never experienced this before either. Once I tried to turn on the car I saw all kinds of error messages. I power cycled a few times but the errors didn't go away. Eventually after staring at the errors for a while, I was able to drive the car; errors in the cycle seemed to get fewer but some persisted, especially the "brake system problem" and a few related-sounding ones (like hill start assist problem or something). Also seeing the "brake system problem" warning in the Honda Link app.

I dropped it off at the dealer immediately, but they were about to close so won't be able to look into it until later this week. Hopefully they'll find something meaningful.

What was the issue in your case?

4. mustermutti

mustermutti Member

Picked it up back from the dealer, didn't really sound like they found anything meaningful, but all the warnings are gone now (still on the app actually, but I assume/hope that will eventually clear too). They said they cleaned the front grill covering the radar sensor, worksheet states "DTC P2583-97 dust or dirt on the millimeter wave radar". Doesn't seem plausible to me that this would cause all the other errors; I did once experience a radar sensor warning/failure in heavy rain/snow, wonder if that was a leftover code from that (although it was 1000s of miles ago).